As promised, Serif has introduced their Photoshop clone, Affinity Photo, for Windows as well as Macintosh.
Affinity Photo 1.5 is a big update for Macs, new for Windows. It adds:
- HDR merging in 32-bit with automatic alignment
- 360° image editing
- Macro recording and playback, including user interaction (ala Actions)
- Tone mapping
- Focus stacking with automatic alignment
- Batch processing, including use of macros within the job
- New filters, including Halftoning
- Shared history between Mac and Windows versions
- New camera and lens profiles
Along with all that, PSD and PDF compatibly has been improved, metadata handling has been improved, there’s a new equations filter, two new resizing algorithms are included, brushes can now “accumulate” to build opacity, additional marquee selection tools have been added, plus improved plug-in support and an improved Vectorscope.
Yes, a BIG update, and free for current Macintosh 1.0 users. For a limited time, new purchases are US$40 (US$10 off regular price) for both the Macintosh and Windows versions.