MacPhun’s Luminar raw converter got its first (free) update today, to version 1.02. Included in the update were:
- Touch Bar support for the new MacBook Pro
- Color Temperature filter improvements
- Improved opening for raw files
- Highlights recovery was improved
- Added the possibility to load a raw file as the new layer
- Overall speed improvements
- Crop tool improvements
- Added F keyboard shortcut to go full screen
- Lightroom plug-in performance was updated
- Clone Stamp tool improvements
- Various bug fixes
Beyond that, MacPhun announced several things about Luminar that are intriguing, to say the least:
- Another update will happen on December 18th (adding batch processing and some new tools). Additional updates will occur every month or two through 2017.
- A Windows version—does that negate the Mac or the Phun in the company name ;~)—will be available sometime in 2017.
- Due to popular demand, MacPhun is going to add Digital Asset Management to Luminar next year so that you won’t need Lightroom or Aperture.