Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D800 helps you understand and master the use of the Nikon D800 and D800E DSLRs. With over 800 pages of detailed, complete, and useful information, you'll find all your questions about the camera and how to use it answered.
Available now for immediate download for US$29.99
Please note: the D810 is NOT included in this Guide. A Second Edition will eventually cover that camera and the Second Edition will NOT be a free update of this work.
The Complete Guide to the Nikon D800 book (supplied as an eBook PDF file) contains everything you'd want to know about the D800 and D800E models and how to use them. You'll find deep explanations with more examples and suggestions than in previous and other guides, all in the no-nonsense and understandable writing style for which Thom Hogan has become famous. No matter how well you think you know the D800 and D800E, you'll find things in this book that you didn't know about these cameras. That's why it's called a "complete guide."
What's covered? Autofocus, metering, video, card selection and use, lenses, image quality...basically everything there is to know about the D800 and D800E.
Looking for an independent review of the book? Try this one at kickstartnews.com, which gave it a five book rating (highest possible).
The PDF file is fully cross-referenced and bookmarked. byThom supports use of the PDF file on Windows computers, Macintosh computers, Apple iPads, plus Nook and Kindle readers. (There's no reason it won't work on smartphones or other tablets, but we don't have the resources to check and support every instance of every PDF reader in existence. Note also that on the small Kindles, page margins and Amazon's PDF support can make the type smaller than some people like--try orienting the page horizontally, where Amazon gets the margins right.)
The Complete Guide to the Nikon D800 and D800E is a must-own for any D800 model user. There simply isn't any other work out there that comes close to touching the detail, usefulness, or completeness of this work. The work can only be purchased from this site.
- Organized to help you learn. Completely reorganized and fine tuned, with distinct sections for what you need to know before using the camera (background and setup), while using the camera (shooting features), and after using the camera (what to do with your images).
- A complete instruction manual and an introduction to relevant digital issues in one book. Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D800 and D800E manages to not only fully describe every feature of the D800 and D800E models in clear, easy-to-understand language, but gives you rich, technical background for many of the critical issues that confront digital camera users.
- Nikon flash and autofocus modes explained in plain English! Wonder how i-TTL flash works? Can't figure out Dynamic autofocus, Release Priority, Focus Priority, 3D autofocus mode, and a host of other terms used to describe features of the focusing system? Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D800 and D800E explains these terms and accompanying techniques in the same simple, no-nonsense language that made his Nikon Field Guide a best seller. Includes instructions for the SB-400, SB-600, SB-700, SB-800, and SB-900/SB-910.
- Note: The eBook does not cover the WT-4 wireless transceiver.
What do readers think?
- "[This] book is very good...probably the single best technical photography book I've read, and very helpful." -jt
- "This book is amazing..." -br
- "[The Complete Guide to the Nikon D800 and D800E] is the most complete and clear guide one can imagine written about a camera, and I have read a good number of other camera guides to prove it." -lc
- "Helpful and well-written." -pc
Current version: 1.05
eReader and iPad users: the PDF files have been tested only on the B&N Nook Color, the Kindle 3 and Kindle Fire, and the iPad (2 and 3) using the Adobe Acrobat Reader application. Other devices are not supported (though they may be able to use the files). Kindle users do not get all the interactive features due to Amazon's incomplete PDF support. Kindle users should read my PDF FAQ page, as Amazon's direct PDF support is limited mostly to reading (there are other options for Kindle Fire users). See this page for more information about what you can read my books on.
This product is only available from this Web site and only via download.
Why only download? It is impossible for me to produce a printed, bound copy of high quality when the page count gets as high as it is with the D800 book.
Please don't support or encourage piracy and illegal copying.