This site covers Canon and Nikon DSLRs and related products and is updated nearly daily. The most recent articles posted (in last 30 days) are:
- When 100 is Actually 99.5 (News/Views)
- Photography Has Become Bipolar (News/Views)
- What I Want to Do Photographically (News/Views)
- What's With the US$2000 Cameras? (News/Views)
- Nikon Professional Services Renewals (News/Views)
- Nikon's New Year's Resolutions (News/Views)
- Don't Get Hung Up On Lens Zoom Factors (Lenses/Articles/Focal Length)
- An Assignment for 2017 (News/Views)
- 2017: Glass Filling or Emptying? (News/Views)
- 2016: Glass 3/4s Full or 3/4s Empty? (News/Views)
But there are over a thousand pages of useful information on this site, including:
Over 40 thorough and thoughtful reviews of recent Nikon DSLR cameras and lenses by technologist and photographer Thom Hogan.
But there’s much, much more on this site:
- Articles and essays of interest to Canon and Nikon DSLR users
- Camera database with full feature sets of every current and older Nikon DSLR, and most recent Canon DSLRs
- Lens database with full feature sets of every F-mount lens, and recent EF mount lenses
- News and commentary about Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras
- News and commentary about software for photography
- Articles and essays on photography technique
- Thom’s eBooks on Nikon cameras
Don't be fooled by the simple look of this site: it's jam-packed with news, opinions, articles, reviews, information about cameras/lenses/flash/software, and much more.
That menu bar at the top is your guide. Note that all menu items are "containers" with links to help you navigate deeper (e.g. just click the menu heading itself—or maybe a sub-menu—and you'll get all the items below it as links on the page that appears (sometimes at the bottom of the page due to other information on that page). With well over a thousand pages on this site, there really isn't a better solution than a menu system: there's a heck of lot to organize here. Just remember that you can always use the site search options, including the sitemap.
Help me improve this site. If you find incorrect or incomplete information, a misspelled word, or even just something that confuses you a bit, be sure to let me know. Just fill out the form on the Contact page and let me know what you found.