- The D5 and Df FX bodies are made and assembled in Sendai, Japan.
- The D610, D750, and D810 FX bodies, all DX bodies, and some DX and FX lenses are made and assembled in Ayuthaya, Thailand. Nikon has said they have added production in nearby Laos, though this seems to be mostly parts or sub-assembly production.
- Nikon 1 (CX) bodies and lenses are made and assembled in Wuxi, China.
- High specification glass and lenses are made and assembled in Tochigi, Japan.
- Coolpix and some lower end consumer lenses are made in several plants in China.
Parts for these products (e.g. LCDs, sensors, semiconductors, etc.) may come from other vendors, places, and countries.